Thursday, July 23, 2015

Jane's Birthday

OOPS! A LEH ADDENDEM


During my visit there was also another birthday celebration in Leh. Jane’s birthday is October.  But every year because I am usually traveling that month, I miss her Florida birthday party. I decided this year that would not happen and gave her a birthday party here in Leh in July.  I also decided that she had not really experienced some of the cultural arts of Ladakh so I hired a Ladakh music and dance troop, ordered a pineapple cake, and we had a Ladakh family birthday party for Jane.  There is no cake left, but please enjoy some pictures from Jane’s party.

The  musicians

Male dancers

The ladies

warrior dance

Beautiful movement

Jane draped in her birthday blessing scarfs
Just a thought

1 comment:

  1. That celebration surely beats a Florida Birthday! Happy Birthday Jane!

    ReplyDelete